The Path of a Report of Prohibited Conduct
NOTE: Throughout this process, 1). a report to law enforcement may be made at any point and 2). resources and support are available.
Initial Assessment of Report
- Upon receiving a report of Prohibited Conduct, the University will:
- Provide support and assistance in obtaining University and community resources.
- Provide information about preserving evidence, obtaining medical treatment, and contacting police.
- Evaluate safety of individuals and the University community.
- Complainant may request:
Threat Assessment of Report
- Next, the University will conduct an assessment to determine University actions. The University will seek to honor the Complainant’s request if possible to do so while also protecting the health and safety of individuals and the University community.
Conclude or Begin Resolution Process
Process either concludes or moves to Disciplinary Resolution or Adaptable Resolution. Resources and assistance may still be available even if process concludes here.
An Advisor of Choice may accompany, support, and advise each party throughout the resolution process. Advisors may not speak on behalf of the parties or otherwise participate in, or in any manner delay, disrupt, or interfere with meetings and/or proceedings, except as specifically permitted by the hearing procedures.